Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 1 of Blog

For some reason, my family and I didn't sleep so well last night. We think it's because of this Korean melon that we ate and the chemicals that were put in it. Pesticides and all that stuff? Makes me paranoid about food and how much terrible stuff we eat without knowing it..

I really like this song by Chino y Nacho: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe1fRwgGu5E

So instead of going to DC today, we decided to stay home since we're all tired. And so I get to do homework! At first I didn't mind having homework since I was bored, but now I'm wondering why we have homework, and why so much? Actually I don't know if it's that much, but it's taking me a long time. Probably because I'm a tad distracted.. by some things and some people. Well, at least I've started it. The buildings I'm studying are:

1 Palazzo della Cancelleria-this old building that was probably mostly designed by Bramante. It has a pretty cool courtyard with a ton of arches. It was really tedious to draw. Fun, but tedious.
2 Maison a Bordeaux by Rem Koolhaas- this building has this super huge elevator for this client in a wheelchair
3 Tadao Ando's Horiuchi House. which has this huge wall of glass in front of the house that closes off the courtyard and casts all these cool shadows into the house.
4 Luis Barragan's own house- This house has this huge garden in the back and is painted in bright colors in a Mexican style. I'm drawing this one right now. woopie!
5 Chinese Courtyard House/ Siheyuan
6 Housing in Tuscanolo, Rome by Adalberto Libera- I can barely find stuff about this place.. uh oh

Actually instead of staying home all day, we went out to eat. Vietnamese food is DELICIOUS. MM.

AND NOW IT'S HAILING! WOO.

1 comment: